Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Crab Alfredo


This looks like slop in the photo. I swear in real-life it looked appetizing. I guess I'll call this crab alfredo. Primarily, it's my way of using up the excess cheese sauce leftover when I made Broccoli with Cheetos the other day.


I started with olive oil, butter, a few slices of garlic and some fresh ground pepper from my peppercorn medley. I let that cook for a minute and then threw in a can of Bumblebee 'Premium' Fancy Crab Meat. It's my first time buying crab-in-a-can (or crab for that matter) and I think I've seen bigger chunks in grated parmesan. But it did give the sauce a nice 'sweet crab flavor' as my husband said.


After the crab, I added about a cup of milk (two percent, so I also added flour to compensate for the lack of thickness in the milk) and the leftover cheese sauce. When that all blended, I added about two cups of peas. And a hefty amount of garlic pepper. And about 2 tablespoons of Maille honey mustard. Then about 3/4 cup shredded extra sharp texture.


I cooked some whole wheat penne rigate, poured the sauce on, and sprinkled on some parmesan. Voilà, Crab Alfredo.

1 comment:

  1. I've made that mistake before. Next time you buy crap in a can (or in a plastic container), buy LUMP, it's much better.

    g

    ReplyDelete