Thursday, December 11, 2008

Pork with Apples

Since I've worked so late all week, and I have a house full of groceries, I opted to make the family a nice hot lunch. This is one of those rare occasions when we use the big plates. I scrubbed and baked the sweet potatoes, with plans to serve with butter and cinnamon sugar.

Now I will post the recipe for Pork with Apples as I copied it from recipeZaar, but I'll note how I changed it.

Glazed Pork with Apples

8 servings
2 tablespoons oil;
8 boneless pork chops 1/2 inch thick (I used two, but sliced them into stir fry type pieces);
1 cup apple juice;
1/2 cup brown mustard (I used 1/4 cup imported French honey dijon and 1/4 cup brown);
1/2 cup brown sugar;
1/4 teaspoon fresh rosemary, crushed (I forgot the rosemary this time);
2 apples sliced;
I also add raisins.

Heat oil in skillet over medium-high. Cook pork jobs about five minutes. Add remaining ingredients. Bring to boil and reduce heat to medium. Simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes, until sauce thickens and pork finishes cooking. 


No comments:

Post a Comment