Thursday, December 11, 2008

Groceries from Aldi

This is my haul from Aldi. I did not stick to the budget. I could have, but I chose not to. I spent a total of $56.89. Meat took up about $4 of that. Yes, meat. Figured some of you might want to see what I do with meat. So I bought the cheapest package of four pork chops I saw. ($3.91)

And I forgot cooking spray.


  • Flour tortillas (0.99) that I put in the freezer.
  • Egg noodles (0.99)
  • Elbow macaroni (0.99)
  • 34.5 ounces of regular coffee (4.99)
  • Olive oil (3.69)
  • 5 lbs flour (1.69)
  • Three broccoli crowns (1.79)
  • Two green peppers (1.49)
  • Four sweet potatoes (1.29)
  • 2 lbs carrots (1.19... Half the cost of the grocery store!)
  • Four tiny cans of tomato sauce (0.25/each)
  • 4-pack of cheap toilet paper (0.89, each roll will last ten minutes in this house, but I'm terrified I might run out.)
  • Two hefty cans of chunk pineapple (0.89/each)
  • 2 15-oz cans pumpkin (0.79/each)
  • 2 cans frozen apple juice concentrate (0.95/each)
  • 1 can from white grape/raspberry juice concentrate (1.14)
  • Parmesan/romano grated cheese (2.39)
  • Frozen broccoli cuts (0.99)
  • Spinach rigatoni (2.99)
  • frozen peas (0.95)
  • California medley frozen vegetables (1.19)
  • fresh garlic (0.69)
  • one quart chocolate soymilk (1.39)
  • one quart hazlenut non-dairy creamer (1.95)
  • about five pounds small gala apples (2.69)
  • big bag of Cajun trail mix (3.99)
  • slivered almonds (1.99)
  • hot wheat cereal (1.49)
  • jalapeno cheddar kettle-style potato chips (1.99)

A few notes. The trail mix is one of my high protein snacks. 26 servings in that $4 bag. And yes, I do measure out the suggested serving size. The almonds make a great addition to my winter salads, gives the salad some protein. The chocolate soy milk is not a good deal, a half-gallon at the grocery store would be cheaper over-all. But I was there. And I knew my daughter would drink it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment