Thursday, December 18, 2008

Garlic Veggie French Bread Pizzas

Today we had some nutty food choices. For breakfast, my daughter had the last homemade blueberry pancake from the freezer (which I naughtily topped with vanilla ice cream) and 8 oz. of Horizon Organic Chocolate milk.

For lunch, we had graham crack
ers with peanut butter, sliced apples and carrot sticks. Then after lunch, we watched a movie (The Muppet Christmas Carol) with popcorn and a couple Christmas cookies.

For dinner, I prepared one of my favorites. I took my last homemade baguette from the freezer. It thawed all afternoon. 
I cooked some olive oil, butter and fresh sliced garlic in a skillet. I cut the bread into four hearty chunks. I spread most of the sauce onto the bread (as the broiler preheated) and left the remainder in the skillet. I sprinkled each slice with parmesan cheese. I heated the bread and toasted it under the broiler. Meanwhile, I mixed fresh carrot ribbons, fresh broccoli, and some frozen California vegetables (more carrots and broccoli, some cauliflower) into the remaining sauce in the skillet. I sprinkled them liberally with garlic pepper, basil and Italian seasoning. I cooked them until they started to brown.

When the bread had toasted, I spread this mixture on top of each slice. Then I sprinkled with parmesan and asiago and covered the vegetables with shredded Italian cheese blend leftover from last week's pizza. Back under the broiler it went. And voilà.


No comments:

Post a Comment