Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Winter Salad


Another slacker dinner day... Though this one worked out impressively delicious. I made my "winter salads" with red wine Wish Bone spritzer dressing (one of my rare coupon purchases, because the concept is amazing), raisins, red leaf lettuce and carrots peeled into ribbons.

Meanwhile, my husband made the last two boxes of Annie's Organic Mac N Cheese (the one in the purple box). Wegmans had a case of it on sale for $10 not too long ago, during another of our poor months. Twelve boxes for $10. Consider the cheap-o stuff costs 35 to 50 cents, getting the organic for less than a $1/box was an incredible find. Everyone needs a few convenience foods for hard times or bad moods, and this is one of mine. I favor boxed or convenience foods from the organic or health food aisles for one factor; I can read the ingredient label. If you haven't noticed, I try to feed my kid real foods and I strive to serve nothing that I can't pronounce the ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment