Sunday, December 21, 2008

Family Movie Day


Last night, my husband went Christmas shopping and I allowed a splurge, a very unhealthy one at that. Cheesesteaks! This morning my daughter had leftover cream of wheat for breakfast while we had toast. My husband went shopping again for gifts and spent another $30 on groceries, though about $5 was really for Christmas gifts and another $4 for supplies for a holiday party at his office tomorrow. So that means we've spent about $140 on groceries so far this month and $35 on dining out.


The grocery shopping was really a ruse to get him out of the house to get a present for our daughter. He went to get a fun lunch for before family movie day. She picked Cats. As in the musical. So, my husband brought home crunchy cheese curls for her (and not the organic real cheese kind I would buy) and Starbucks in a can for us. Our lunch, pictured, was sweet potato fries made from the potatoes I bought last week that were getting mushy. (Cook at 450 and flip regularly until the texture seems right.) And Morningstar fake chicken nuggets, plain for the rest of the family and buffalo wings for me. Dippings included blue cheese dressing, Frank's Red Hot sauce (mix the two together and I'm in HEAVEN) and ketchup.


If the weather holds out tonight, the whole family has a dinner party.


The bulk of the groceries my husband bought: eggs, cheese, chocolate soy milk, sesame bagels.

No comments:

Post a Comment