Friday, December 26, 2008

Grocery Shopping: A trip to Wegmans


My mother gave me a $100 wegmans gift card, so today my husband and I went to use it. We also had a coupon for $5 off a $50 purchase and another for $1 off veg stock. I ended up spending a total of $121.08 (minus the coupons, before that it was $127.) I had the gift card and $20 so the $1.08 was irritating, especially since I treated myself to a $5 hair product for my curls. I had to use my charge card, and if I hadn't splurged I would have stayed on budget.


I think these purchases get us in good shape for January, and the December grocery budget still remains around $250 total, plus $35 for dining out. I did not get much for the money I spent this trip. But here goes:



In the natural food aisle: Three cartons of Silk Soy Milk (chocolate for my daughter, unsweetened for general household use, and Very Vanilla for the child and I since the doctor reminded me to get my calcium.); two Amy's tofu scramble pockets, two Health is Wealth spinach munchees (like pizza rolls but spinach), Pacific foods tomato roasted red pepper soup, Bob's 8 grain cereal, steak and vegetable soup, vegetable soup, veggie dogs, veggie sausage patties,


From the dairy aisle: light sour cream, large curd cottage cheese, jar of yeast, Coffeemate creamer Chocolate Raspberry flavor,


For the bathroom: Nature's Gate Toothpaste (if I use regular toothpaste when I'm stressed out or eating too many acidic foods, I get a mouth ulcer and it's not fun), Wegmans double rolls of toilet paper, 12 pack; cotton swabs, Degree antiperspirant, shaving cream, two bottles shampoo, curl cream,


Pantry supplies: Two cartons of Wegmans vegetable stock, white flour, wheat flour, funky Chinese noodles, four boxes of Wegmans macaroni and cheese spirals, two big cans of pears in juice (for poire tarte tartin), coffee mate powdered creamer (for emergencies), mango salsa, Nayonaise, campbell's broccoli and cheese soup, canned apricots in pear sauce, canned peaches, Orangina, Kikkoman lite soy sauce, canned crab meat, tuna, sliced black olives,


From the meat row: hamburger, chicken, beef stew meat.


From the produce section: bananas, three broccoli crowns, and organic bulk spring mix for the tortoise.

No comments:

Post a Comment