Friday, December 19, 2008

More bread

With all the baking that I do, and all the cooking that goes on in this house, you wouldn't think bread would become a major event. I made a single batch of "baguettes" today and LOOK-- one resembles a baguette.

 

The one in the middle is for a party Monday. The one with the baguette shape I'm saving for a beef burgundy night. It had the right color! It "looks" real. The one in the foreground we chomped into right away, and the way the bread snapped when  cut into it, it had the perfect crust. We smeared it with butter and ate it while still warm. Mmmm... 


What amazes me about this process is how I do nothing noticeably different from time to time and the bread keeps getting better. Have my hands learned? Does practice really make perfect?

No comments:

Post a Comment