Today we pulled it out of the freezer and gave it a shot.
- chicken, boneless, skinless and cut into smaller pieces
- lemon juice, about half a cup (two fresh lemons?)
- one stick butter
- pasta of choice
- 1/2 cup fresh dill from the garden
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley from the garden
- about six chives fresh from the garden
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- about 1/2 teaspoon garlic pepper (plus another 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- your favorite olive oil
Heat about one tablespoon butter over low heat in cast iron skillet. Add equal parts lemon juice. Add the garlic powder and the Italian seasoning.
Stir until nicely combined. Add chicken. Increase heat to medium.
Cook pasta to desired doneness. Drain and set aside.
When chicken is done, push the meat to one side of skillet. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon garlic pepper. Arrange skillet so empty side is over the heating element.
Add about 1/2 stick butter to empty side of skillet, add fresh herbs and cook while trying to push the sauce around the empty side of the skillet to minimize how much sauce the chicken absorbs.
Add vegetables to empty side of skillet. Combine both sides of skillet until everything is evenly mixed and evenly heated.
Pour olive oil (cold pressed extra virgin imported from the Middle East is my fav) over the pasta and mix so they are just a tiny bit wet and kind of glistening.
Put pasta in bottom of serving bowl. Top with desired amount of chicken-vegetable mix.
This was incredible!