Monday, June 10, 2013

Monday shopping trip to Target

Did I mention that I broke my blender last week? This is especially painful because my lazy butt has a tendency not to eat breakfast. On these days, I get moody and end up appeasing myself with a fruit/yogurt smoothie. I've been making a strawberry/yogurt/coconut milk version every other day for about the last three weeks.

When I broke the blender, I tried making it in the food processor but it's a lot of work. And if the point is to cater to my laziness, more work won't cut it. The first one was tasty, but today I tried it again today with mangoes, cherries and strawberries and it came out lumpy. My daughter loved it. I did not.

My mother brought me her blender. Yeah, Mom! But I'm not sure it can handle the abuse of this household. We shall see.

I did my weekly finance check today. We need groceries. The budget suggests we have $25 to last to the end of the month. This is after I transferred the mortgage payment money from our savings account. Did I mention I'm spending a lot of money on my job hunt? Those trips to D.C. and new shirts for my suit add up over time.

I went to Target. The life insurance payment just went into the mail today so that give me a couple days to rearrange bill payments to have money again... Or so I tell myself. I have enough. so don't worry about me. I just don't have extra. So, I tried to get some value on my Target trip.

**These prices do not reflect my 10 percent team member discount or my 5 percent RedCard discount**

We needed cat litter. Two boxes, 40 pounds each, on sale for $13.99 plus $5 Target gift card when you buy two.

Green Giant Steam in Bag vegetables, on sale for $1.98 each plus buy two get one free. I got plain broccoli florets, and then two with sauce (one california blend and the other similar but with snow peas.)

Tilapia cutlets, Gortons, seasoned, were on clearance for $4.18. I bought two boxes, since we tried one yesterday and liked it. Each box has four servings.

Chicken breast skinless boneless tenders, the fresh kind, supposedly hormone free and blah blah blah, normally $5.99 for what appears a one pound package of raw chicken, plus $3 off because the use by date was tomorrow. They had two, and while I am sick of chicken, I bought them for the freezer.

Some Archer farm and Pacific soups were on sale. We bought about six total.

I also noticed we switched from selling single bananas for 24 cents each to 3 lbs for $1.67.

Bush's Vegetarian Beans were on sale 3 big cans for $5.

We also found dry black beans. I was very excited about this as I prefer to make my own beans. Not that I've had time recently. $1.39 for a pound. (versus 67 cents for a can!)

The processed foods, because yes I know 90% of these are packaged, is because I am going to DC next week and have daughter's dance recital this week and I want to have some stuff hubby can make.

For the recital, I hope to make granola but if I can't I bought Goldfish crackers ($1.99), Kashi dark chocolate almond granola bars ($2.99), and my personal pick peanut butter Pop Tarts ($1.99).

I bought Very Vanilla Soy Milk ($2.99), Silk coconut milk ($2.99), one pint half and half ($1.84).

Tea, herbal tea, New England coffee (price cut $5.99 a pound).

Tuna.3 large cans. In water. $2.34 each. Long grain brown rice, 2 bags, 1 pound each, 92 cents each.

Two Fresh Express Iceberg Garden Salad mix, $1.49 each. Two bottles of Goddess dressing. ($2.59 each)

No comments:

Post a Comment