Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sausage and Peppers

It's been a lazy food day. For breakfast, our daughter tested one of those new Horizon chocolate milk boxes and had a quarter of a blueberry deli bagel with melted cheddar cheese. My husband and I had coffee and half a bagel with cheese. I had suggested peanut butter instead of cheese (partially because we're probably having warm spinach-cheese dip and homemade bread for dinner). The first thing I did this morning was slice the fresh pineapple, which the family enjoyed, though the four-year-old ate it almost as fast as I could cut it.

My mother, Mimi, brought us some of her sausage and peppers she made yesterday. She brought three approximately six-inch links of sausage in sauce and peppers. I chopped the sausages smaller and tossed everything on to the stove to warm. I cooked up some spaghetti. Then I dished it out onto the plates and added some asiago. There was a small serving leftover which I packed into a container for my husband's lunch tomorrow.

 

I'm dreaming of the next time I can do a real shopping trip and make some nice meals... Dreaming of beef stew, soup, baked potatoes... Mmmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment