Friday, April 2, 2010

Super Salads


So, this is my first full day on medication for Vitamin D and iron deficiency. I made a pledge to myself to eat healthier. Iron pills can make you constipated, so I want to make sure I get plenty of fiber.

Breakfast:
  • about 6 ounces apple-kiwi-strawberry 1oo% juice
  • cream of wheat made with soy milk with a touch of sugar
  • 1/2 cup coffee with non dairy French vanilla creamer
Snack:
  • 1 slice fruity fred, thawed from the freezer (Amish friendship bread with almonds and dried cherries)
  • green iced tea with blueberry
Lunch:
  • small bowl minestrone soup
  • homemade multigrain baquette
  • Trader Joe's hummus
  • about 6 ounces chocolate silk
Afternoon snack
  • sweetened green tea (grrr, though it was unsweetened)
  • a banana
Dinner
  • large salad with two types of bagged greens (and some carrots and cabbage)
  • asiago
  • cheddar
  • chopped pecans
  • dried strawberries
  • raisins
  • red wine vinaigrette dressing
  • a side of Motts Healthy Harvest No Sugar Added Country Berry Applesauce
  • 16 ounces unsweetened soy milk with Banana Moo Magic Powder

2 comments:

  1. that salad sound wonderful. I live in a salad-free zone. If you're nearly out of Fred, I have lots. Will bake him up and take him to the wake. Hoping for a banana version

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wake?

    The salad was wonderful but I'm still craving raisin bran...

    And a burger from 5Guys.

    *Sigh* Need to convince myself it's okay to go to Aldi's. Tomorrow a.m. And I need a nice bike ride...

    ReplyDelete