Sunday, April 11, 2010

Grocery shopping

Went to Wegmans. Needed flour. Had a budget of $30 for the odds and ends that would get us through the week until my husband gets paid this Friday (and I should have my last check coming from my previous employer). The most we could spend was $38, because that's all that's in the checkbook in the middle of this week.

I ended up spending $34.81.

What did I buy?

  • Wegmans whole wheat sliced bread (had a coupon), $1.69 minus $1 coupon
  • Coffeemate Parisian Almond Cream creamer, $1.99 (splurge)
  • Wegmans original soy milk, half gallon, $2.79 (resisted the Silk Almond milk... that was $3.29. Also resisted the Silk very vanilla. End of the week. I can buy it next weekend)
  • Unbleached white flour, 5 lbs, $1.69
  • Wegmans spirals mac and cheese dinner, two boxes, $1 (fifty cents each)
  • Big box of cream of wheat, $3.29 (Aldi would probably be cheaper, but I'm not going to Aldi for one box of cream of wheat)
  • Fasigs whole bean coffee, decaf coffee cake (splurge), $4.99
  • Chunk light tuna, one can, 75 cents
  • Morningstar vegetarian sausage patties, $3.49
  • Dove, 2 pack, $2.69 (another splurge that might be leaving our budget for a while)
  • Wegmans Ginger Sesame Vinaigrette dressing, $2.50 minus $1 coupon (love Wegmans dressings)
  • Organic bulk field mix for the tortoise, $1.30
  • Wegmans French blend bagged salad, $2.50 (I know I could save money buying my own lettuces, washing, chopping, and mixing... but that makes WAY more than I need and I end up wasting a lot of it)
  • blackberries, and HERE is the rub... they were $2.99 and I just noticed that he charged us for TWO packs instead of one... GRRRRR...
So I was closer to my budget than I thought. Try to save money and the store manages to get you in the end anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment