Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Skillet pizza


My daughter and I made a pizza crust after school. I think this is what we did:
  • 1 cup warm water
  • 1 teaspoon yeast
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
  • 1.5 cups white flour
  • 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1/3 cup rye flour
  • 3/4 teaspoon iodized sea salt
  • 1 packet Papa John's pizza seasoning
  • 1/3 cup corn meal
  • 3/4 cup oats
  • 1/4 cup flax seed
Mix and set in a warm dark place. Could take an hour to rise. (Bake at 400 for 12-15 minutes)

Toppings:
  • Wegmans extra chunky pizza sauce
  • monterey jack cheese
  • cheddar
  • asiago
  • parmesan
  • black olives
  • four color organic peppercorns
  • Pasta and pizza seasoning
  • Garlic powder
Method:
Here's the plan.
I hope heat my Le Creuset skillet on the stove over medium high with a thorough greasing of extra virgin olive oil. Then, I plan to carefully arrange the pizza dough inside and put the toppings on and bake in the skillet.

Will it work? I hope it will. I thought it was a cool idea but now I realize, it's PAN PIZZA.

No comments:

Post a Comment