Monday, April 12, 2010

Two breakfasts today


It's a Monday and what I like to call a two breakfast day.

I function best if I eat six small meals a day. I had anecdotal evidence this was the case and then I had gestational diabetes, which proved it for me.

So, today at 6:45ish, my husband made me a bowl of cream of wheat, made with soy milk and a touch of sugar and a handful of fresh blackberries smashed into it. Delicious.

My daughter had the same, and at 9:3o we got home from her doctor appointment and I was starved. I made a fried egg and constructed a perfect egg sandwich: my French country bread from yesterday (toasted), extra sharp cheddar cheese, and horseradish mustard. Washed down with a diluted glass of orange juice.

My daughter had some toasted bread with butter and a slice of the cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment