Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Dinner

I didn't cook today. I meant to make homemade bread, but I forgot.

Let's see... for breakfast we had slices of Fruity Fred and orange juice and easter candy.

At 10 a.m., I needed something more so I asked my husband for a scrambled egg.

For Easter dinner, my mother-in-law hosted:
Now, I'll only speak for me. But I ate a ridiculous amount.
  • fresh dandelion greens and hot bacon dressing (three servings! Have you ever looked up the nutritional info on dandelion greens? Lots of nutrients, anti-oxidents and the omega fatty acids. Interesting.)
  • some corn bake (recipe is on the blog)
  • a small portion of scalloped potatoes (the boxed kind)
  • a big helping of cauliflower, broccoli and carrots
  • a tiny piece of ham
  • a few spoonfuls of homemade applesauce (it was runnier than usual)
  • two small slices rhubarb custard pie
  • one small slice blueberry crumb pie
  • about six or seven homemade chocolate creams
  • several glasses of iced tea
  • one cup decaf coffee with half and half
After that at 2 p.m., I had a mere bowl of raisin bran for dinner.

But tomorrow back to cooking... Stay tuned. Have some fresh spinach and some hamburger that needs using up...

1 comment:

  1. Love dandelion greens. The season is very short because only the young plants are tasty. Did you look up the nutrition info for the bacon dressing? I'm guessing not. Tastes lovely on endive and lettuce too.

    ReplyDelete