Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Mommy's meatballs


  • 1/2 cup mixed Italian vegetables, smashed
  • about 1 cup hamburger
  • about 3/4 cup cheddar cheese cubes
  • 1/4 cup breadcrumbs from homemade bread
  • 3 small cloves roasted garlic
  • 6 ounces tomato paste
Smoosh vegetables and garlic with pastry blender. Add all ingredients except cheese. When everything is mixed, fold in cheese.

I'm going to fry them in the Le Creuset skillet in the extra virgin olive oil from Forks Mediterranean Deli.

Okay, so I based this on a recipe from about.com and I noticed it didn't include egg. My meatballs don't appear to be binding. I don't know if it's because I'm frying them and turning them too much or because of the egg. Or because of some of my strange ingredients.

I finally smashed them all and added the sauce to the frying pan and let it all simmer into meat sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment