Sunday, July 19, 2009

To the farm!


I want my daughter to understand where her food comes from. I also want to support local farms, and since eating local reduces shipping times for merchandise, it improves nutritional content and freshness.

Plus, then I see how the animals are treated.

Today we spent $29. We bought two packages of smoked bacon, one half-gallon of milk, one large container of their blueberry yogurt smoothie, one container of lemon cheese spread, a half dozen ears of corn and a dozen brown eggs.

2 comments:

  1. I like that she knows where food comes from. Most kids would say "giant" (or their families fav grocery store.) The killer-bacon ate up your budget there. Have to buy me some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I plan on cooking one pack and serving some, then crumbling the rest and freezing it to sneak into future foods. Make it go farther. Because we all know my tribe can eat it all in one sitting

    ReplyDelete