Thursday, July 16, 2009

Daddy Pasta

While cleaning Tuesday a.m. I did something to my back. I've spent much of the last few days with ice packs and Aleve. I thought I was better today but an unexpected day on my feet at my desk job destroyed any progress I had made.

This directly relates to my post. I made chicken diable to use the chicken I had planned to prepare as a fancy French style meal on Tuesday. The effort killed me. So, for yesterday and today we lived on leftovers.

Last night my husband made this pasta. He loves to experiment with noodles. Nothing drastic, always lots of cheese.

He made spaghetti. For the sauce he used two tiny cans of the plain tomato sauce, seasoned them with Italian seasoning, and added the tail end of a big old block of cheddar we'd been cooking with for the last week or so. I don't buy sliced cheese. I either get cheddar in blocks from Aldi, $1.20 for 8 oz., or the warehouse club, about $5 for 32 oz. Orange American freaks my daughter out because in our house cheese is white. And since the big blocks dry out if you don't store them perfectly, my husband thought it'd be a good idea to finish this one off.

Then, he added frozen vegetables. Peas, carrots, cauliflower and broccoli to be exact. I would have left out the carrots, but it was a bag of 'California blend' and unlike me, he wasn't about to pick them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment