Sunday, July 19, 2009

Cucumber sandwiches


Because of our trip to the farm this morning, and the offerings from my mother's garden... We opted for cucumber sandwiches for lunch. This works out especially well because my mother-in-law gave us a variety of crackers leftover (and unopened) from my grandmother-in-law's 90th birthday last weekend.

Mimi, my mother, brought us a cucumber from her garden yesterday and there's only two ways I like cucumbers: in a salad or on these sandwiches.

We served with fresh blueberries my father-in-law picked last week and blueberry yogurt smoothie from Klein farm.

Angel's Cucumber Sandwiches (perfect for a tea party or summer lunch)
Ingredients
  • 1 cucumber sliced
  • Some variety of spreadable cheese, vegan cream cheese, or cream cheese. (Today we used lemon pepper cheese spread from Klein farm)
  • Crackers (wheat thins, triscuits, Ritz, whatever)
  • It's a Dilly Seasoning (A McCormick product with onion, garlic, dill, lemon and jalapeno pepper. Salt free)
Take one cracker, spread with cheese, top with cucumber, sprinkle it's a dilly on top. I prefer mine open faced. My daughter and husband both prefer lids.

No comments:

Post a Comment