Friday, July 3, 2009

Streusel Coffee Cake



Years ago my mother gave me a little pocket cookbook called "Cooking for Two for Couples" (the redundancy in that title is amusing, isn't it?).

I'm using their recipe for streusel coffeecake and making variations for my guests.

I'm making plain, blueberry and honey-pecan cakes. I can't exactly reproduce my recipe because... well, I'm a mess in the kitchen today. Here is the original.

Streusel Coffeecake for Two
1/2 C sugar
1/4 c margarine
1 egg
1/4 tsp lemon extract
1/4 tsp vanilla
3/4 C flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 Tablespoons milk

crumbs
1/3 C brown sugar
1/4 C flour
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
2 Tablespoons margarine

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream flour and butter. Beat in egg, lemon extract and vanilla.
Combine 3/4 cup flour, salt and baking powder. Stir into creamed mixture alternately with milk. Pour into greased and floured 6x6 pan. Combine crumb ingredients, sprinkle over top of batter, bake at 350 for 30 to 35 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment