Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Mac N Bacon


Oh, the evils...

I never made it to the store to get the remaining ingredients for zucchini/crabbiless cakes. Although ironically, my friend Gayle made them at her house. Tomorrow here I hope...

We have no vegetable in the house, except the 4.5 pound zucchini. We have no flour. No fruit. Very limited resources. I have $70 in my wallet designated for grocery shopping but I haven't made it there.

Oops.

So we made our last box of spaghetti and made mac and cheese by adding a pack of generic cheese mix from a box of mac and cheese I stole the noodles from a while ago, our last tablespoon of real butter, some raw milk, and (gasp!) Velveeta. Someone gave me the Velveeta. I did not buy Velveeta. Let me repeat: I did not buy Velveeta.

That would have been bad enough, from a nutrition standpoint but... I added smoked bacon. Also from the farm. 1/3 of the package went in the pasta, 1/3 in the fridge for sandwiches later, and 1/3 in the freezer.

We topped with garlic pepper and served.

No comments:

Post a Comment