Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Un-Chicken Melts


I made the ugly bean dip for lunch (and today I threw in some of the parsley from last week's beef burgundy) and served with blue tortilla chips (a find at Aldi). For dinner, I wanted Wonton or Italian Wedding Soup on account of my cold and we don't have anything of the sort. We almost ordered out... but couldn't agree on what and grilled cheese kept popping up as an option.

So I mimicked a Friendly's/Perkins/ whatever franchise chicken tender melt. Plus, my husband cut some potatoes into fries and we made our own chili-cheese fries using some more of the five alarm chili I made in December. Only one "vat" of that left in there.

The sandwiches were a bit of an experiment. We started with the store-bought wheat bread we bought for those peanut butter and jelly sandwiches we were craving last week. I buttered them up and added about two teaspoons blue cheese dressing to one side of each sandwich. I sliced some cheddar thin and but some on each side of the sandwich. In between, I added some sliced vegetarian chicken nuggets from Morningstar (and lots of Frank's Red Hot Sauce for me). They came out fairly good. I was looking for comfort food and it fit the bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment