Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Bob's and eggs

Car problems have delayed my friend Shannon (which is probably a good thing since we are recovering from icy conditions).

I have caught a cold. My husband has a delayed opening at work, so we started the day with some Bob's hot cereal with some maple syrup. 

But by 9 a.m., I was starving so my husband made me (at my request) an egg sandwich on an English muffin with cheddar and my French honey Dijon mustard. Egg sandwiches are one of my favorite comfort foods... which during my pregnancy and gestational diabetes diet translated into one egg on one slice of bread and mustard. Not the ooey gooey, cheese-laden mess I prefer.

As for the hot cereal, Bob's multigrain cereals are another favorite in this house. Not cheap, compared to oatmeal, but full of some many yummy grains and textures.

I took a photo of the fried egg because my husband did some a pretty job. During the preparation of this sandwich, my daughter had a snack of an apple, two slices of cheddar and a small piece of her great-grandmother's chocolate. She did not join me for eggs, neither did her father.

No comments:

Post a Comment