Friday, January 23, 2009

Food Today: Insta-dinner Mac N cheese


I worked unexpectedly long at the office today and came home exhausted. We had no fresh vegetables in the house and I was starved so my husband whipped up this specialty: Wegmans spiral macaroni and cheese dinner (2 boxes) with extra noodles, monterey jack cheese, garlic pepper, frozen broccoli and chopped morningstar vegetarian hot dogs. I washed it down with some instant vanilla nut cappucino and a few drops of cold pressed just cranberry juice diluted with water. We bought the juice the other day when we feared our daughter might have gotten a urinary tract infection, but it turned out to be a false alarm. Now I have a $9 bottle of super strong, no sugar cranberry juice.

I had toast for breakfast while my daughter had vanilla yogurt with homemade granola washed down with an oatmeal cookie from yesterday. I took two cookies as a morning snack and I ended up sharing with our new PR intern at the office. Then I had leftover quiche, while my husband had tuna on store-bought wheat with his mother's leftover stuffing. He plans quiche for his lunch tomorrow since he has to work.

1 comment:

  1. OMG someone else make Pat's infamous Hot Dog Casserole! I can't wait to tell Sharon. Except Pat uses traditional hot dogs. Preferably leftover from some large fundraising event. It's much better than when she uses raw.

    Hers is mac and cheese with white American (of course...no real cheese for her), lots of noodles, beef hot dogs, garlic powder. No veggies because until two weeks ago she didn't eat them.

    ReplyDelete