Sunday, November 1, 2009

Hummus


I hope I already posted my normal hummus recipe because today's was a thrown-together affair. I threw into the food processor:
  • one can chick peas. They should be drained well. I apparently did not drain mine well enough. So my hummus is a tad runny.
  • roasted red peppers. I added close to a cup
  • fresh parsley from the garden. Yeah, it's now November and I still have parsley growing in my backyard.
  • one large clove garlic
  • one tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
  • two tablespoons, or maybe a little more, lemon juice. The juice of half a fresh lemon might be perfect, but I don't have a lemon
  • one heaping teaspoon cashew butter. A whim.
And normally one would add tahini or toasted sesame seeds but I forgot them.

No comments:

Post a Comment