Saturday, November 7, 2009

Diner 248

Well, I don't think I'll be cooking today as our friends came down to take our daughter to see "Where the Wild Things Are."

I bought everyone breakfast at Diner 248, a 'new' diner where Jack Creek Steakhouse used to be on Rte. 248. 

It was fabulous. My husband had chipped beef that was yummy as part of his 'belly buster' breakfast. I ordered an egg and cheese on a bagel sandwich (with bacon) and was thrilled when it included homefries. PLUS the waitress brought water with our coffee without us requesting it.

Our daughter has French toasted "stuffed" with blueberries and vanilla cream cheese. This is something I will have to replicate at home. Imagine 4 slices of French toast creating sandwiches with cream cheese and blueberries as the filling in the sandwich, and piles of whipped cream on top. 

AND they had a choice of sausage links or patties.

The place has been mobbed everytime we've driven by... now I see why.

No comments:

Post a Comment