Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Pumpkin waffles?


My pumpkin waffle recipe comes from the Post Punk Kitchen, but my kitchen is in disarray. I have no eggs, milk or soymilk so even making a vegan recipe may be interesting... let's see where experimenting gets us...

The original (and delicious) PPK vegan pumpkin waffle recipe:
  • 2.5 cups flour
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 2.5 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 2 tablespoons soy yogurt
  • 2 cups soymilk
  • 15 ounces pumpkin
  • 1/3 cup oil
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
Mix with fork and prepare in waffle iron.

I doubled the recipe, and used a can of sweetened condensed milk and two cans of water instead of soy milk. It was what I had. I mixed wheat and white flour. I also used pumpkin pie mix and reduced the sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment