Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Corn Lemongrass Soup


A while ago, probably last winter, I was in the mood for a "different" soup and I had in my head I was going to try something corn chowder-ish. I was looking for a soup I could use as a base and I selected Imagine Corn & Lemongrass soup. I brought it home and avoided it for the next six months.

I looked at the package today and it said, "Best if used by 11 Dec 09." Oops.

Guess we're eating it today. Honestly, I'm afraid of it. Hence, why I avoided it for so long. The package says it would go nicely with tofu or shrimp. I read one online review that said to serve it with chicken or add spinach, that it's a good soup but very light.

I'm tempted to warm it now, and taste it, and then decide what to do with it to make a nice hot lunch for my family...

Off to the kitchen... Guess I'm having corn lemongrass soup for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment