Monday, December 28, 2009

Groceries

My husband went to the store because I wanted a sandwich. He ended up making two trips into the store because he forgot the coupons.

What makes this interesting from my standpoint is today I decided no more using my visa, I'm trying to stick to "cash"/checking account.

Our local Giant doesn't have the best produce, so this is what he bought:

Trip 1, total $32.74:
  • Kraft Grated Parmesan, $3.49 (he couldn't find anything cheaper)
  • Tostitos (for nachoes), buy one get one free at $3.99
  • two cans of Giant black beans, 59 cents each
  • Honey Turkey, 1/2 pound, $3.57
  • Deluxe ham, 1/2 pound, $4.55 (highway robbery, grrr)
  • Spring mix for Blue, our tortoise, $3.50
  • Dole Italian Salad kit, $3.99
  • Asiago bagels, six, $2.79
  • My favorite multigrain sandwich bread, $4.29 (that's ridiculous and why I usually make my own)
  • Chocolate soy milk, $2.39
Trip 2, total $18.13:
  • 2 cans Campbell's minestrone, $1.09 each minus 50 cent coupon
  • vegetarian beef strips, $3.99 minus $1.50 coupon
  • 2 packages spinach bites and 2 packages broccoli bites, $3.99 minus $2 in coupons (these freeze well and count as a vegetable on those hectic nights)

1 comment:

  1. I bought grated parm for the Italian Dinner fundraiser at BJs. I'm sure Sam's has something similar. It was either 3 or 5 pounds, and about $5.99. I keep it in the freezer and refill the plastic "Kraft" jar.

    ReplyDelete