Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Pork with black beans, egg noodles and broccoli


I had a craving for something different... A long time ago, my mother (Mimi) mentioned something about how good for you black beans are and she made a pork, black beans and egg noodle dish in beef broth that was pretty good.

I thought I'd make my own spin on it.

I started with two small crowns of broccoli, chopped into bite-size pieces.

In my Le Creuset skillet, I placed the following:
  • Several tablespoons lemon juice
  • one tablespoon butter
  • Several tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/2 of one large clove garlic, sliced
  • 1/2 teaspoon four color pepper
I cooked this for a few seconds and then placed the raw broccoli in the skillet and cooked it in the sauce. I sprinkled it heartily with It's a Dilly Seasoning (probably about two teaspoons, it came out fast) Don't cook too long. Want to leave it crispy.

I removed the broccoli from the pan. Then, I began a new sauce, the same, but more:
  • 4 tablespoons butter
  • 4 tablespoons lemon juice
  • less than 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • the other 1/2 of the large clove garlic, sliced
My husband sliced two thick boneless pork chops into stir-fry like pieces. I sprinkled them directly with the four-color pepper and added them to the pan. Cook about five minutes on each side, on low side of medium.

Meanwhile, cook one pound egg noodles. Open one can black beans. Rinse well.

Add broccoli and beans to finished pork, in skillet. Drain egg noodles. Add to skillet.

Finish with about 16 ounces vegetable stock. I use Wegmans. Let simmer in skillet until hot.

I thought this was fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment