Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Salad wraps


To use up some produce and get some veggies into our systems, we had salad wraps for lunch. Depending on your dressing and whether or not you add cheese, they can be vegan or vegetarian.

I had my daughter peel a carrot. My mom had brought a cucumber and tomatoes from her garden. I contributed a pepper from my garden.

I got out some cheese leftovers: gruyère, smoked gouda, ricotta salata and cheddar.

I used the ranch yogurt dressing from Wegmans. And because she got to assemble it herself, my daughter is eating hers to the last drop.

We had red leaf lettuce and some Italian salad blend, all of which was starting to look a little less than perfect. Yeah, we could have had salads in a bowl, but putting them in a wrap and eating them with your hands is fun-- and silly.

No comments:

Post a Comment