Monday, August 31, 2009

September grocery shopping

We needed some serious food. Normally I would wait until tomorrow to keep the August tally more within budget, but with my daughter and I both starting school today shopping seemed like a way to keep us both occupied.

I took my daughter to New York Bagel and Deli in the 25th Street shopping center for her "before school" breakfast. We spent $5 on bagels. She picked blueberry with blueberry cream cheese and I had jalapeno with egg and cheese. I had $7 left and a baker's dozen bagels in $8 so I couldn't out my change and came home with a stash.

Then we went to Giant. Blue needed greens. We needed fruits and veggies. I had a $4 off $45 purchase coupon.

I spent $80, which considering I had no list and couldn't be real thorough with sales/prices... is good.

We bought (in 30 minutes):
  • Motts no sugar added mixed berry applesauce (has actually vitamin C, many others don't), the individual servings, which I normally don't advocate. $1.89
  • Minute Maid no sugar added Apple Strawberry juice boxes (10), $2.79
  • Hunt's Fire roasted diced tomatoes $1.09
  • Bush's black beans, two cans at 83 cents each
  • Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil, big bottle, on sale for $5.79
  • Whitehouse Applesauce, I forget the funky flavor, but similar nutritional content to Motts, $1.89
  • Barilla whole wheat pasta, five boxes, at $1 each
  • Peaches packed in pear juice, 15 ounces, 2 cans, 99 cents each
  • Pears, packed in juice, 3 cans, 99 cents each
  • Kidney beans, three 15.5 ounce cans, 59 cents each
  • 16 ounces cashew butter, $5.24 (normally $7)
  • petite diced tomatoes, 14.5 ounces, 2 cans, 65 cents each
  • box of raisins, $1.77
  • canned chunk pineapple, 99 cents
  • black olives, $1.27
  • small cans of no salt added tomato sauce, 4 cans, 35 cents each
  • 16 ounces of pasta shells, 2 boxes, 75 cents each
  • two pounds bananas, $1.32
  • 2 pounds broccoli, $2.49
  • 2 pounds gala apples (4 apples), $2.85
  • pint of blueberries, $3
  • prepackaged very veggie salad, $2
  • prepackaged greens for Blue, $2
  • strawberries, $2.49
  • Pillsbury ready made pie crusts, 4 crusts, $4.70 - $1 coupon = $3.70
  • Light and Lively Cottage Cheese, $3.49 (big one)
  • Very Vanilla Soy Milk, 64 ounces, $2.85
  • 32 ounces vanilla yogurt, $1.79
  • 16 ounces of Wisconsin cheddar, $3.65 (damn it, I thought this was on sale for less than $3)
  • dozen extra large eggs, $1.19
  • soymilk, 64 ounces, $2.39
  • tampons, $2.50
  • Suave Kids Shampoo/Conditioner/Body Wash in watermelon, 22.5 ounces, $2.74
  • 15 ounces of lemon juice, $1.49
  • Canola cooking spray, 5 ounces, $1.50
  • Kidney beans, big can,

No comments:

Post a Comment