Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Silly Cake


Yesterday we ate leftovers... leftovers from the weekend, the dinner party, even pasta I don't remember. Today for lunch, we'll probably have salad wraps and cake.

My daughter and I took the cake recipe we used for the birthday cake last week and decided to make our own silly cake. We mixed yellow food coloring (my daughter's choice) into the batter, then I gave her a fork and let her swirl other colors into the final product. While it baked, I whipped up some experimental lemon icing. I used some ingredients that means it will require refrigeration.

To make Creamy Vanilla Frosting Betty Crocker advises mixing the following:
  • 3 cups powdered sugar
  • 1/3 cup butter, softened
  • 1.5 teaspoons vanilla
  • About 2 tablespoons milk
I only had two cups powdered sugar so I did the following:
Angel's lemon yogurt frosting
  • farm fresh lemon yogurt, two tablespoons
  • 2 cups powdered sugar
  • 1.5 teaspoons lemon extract
  • 1 tablespoon heavy cream

No comments:

Post a Comment