Sunday, August 23, 2009

Peach and Almond Pasta


Leftovers are often the key to stretching the grocery budget. After Friday's dinner, we had eaten all the pork with apples but we hadn't finished all the gravy. In this particular case, pork with apples became pork with peaches and apples (not to be confused with pork with peaches and snow peas) because we ran out of apples.

I didn't want to waste that yummy gravy so we heated it up and added slivered almonds. We served as the sauce for multigrain pasta. It was fabulous. Though raisins would have made it better. We didn't have raisins,

Also, went bike riding five miles this afternoon. My water bottle is plastic and it always tastes plastic to me. I hate warm plastic-flavored water. And I knew by the time I needed the water it would be very warm. To combat this, I brewed a glass of Celestial Seasonings Wild Berry Zinger tea and threw it, bag and all, into my water bottle with all the ice I could stuff in there and some more water.

1 comment:

  1. sounds yummy.

    I fill my water bottle anywhere from a 1/4 to a half full, and put it in the freezer overnight or a couple hours. (Actually, it pretty much lives in there lately). Then I add the fresh water, and go off walking. It keeps it cold much longer. Also, on of those tacky foam sleeves work. Or my favorite trick, wrap the bottle in tinfoil.

    ReplyDelete