Thursday, August 6, 2009

Cornbake


I have tried unsuccessfully over the years to make my mother-in-law's cornbake. I don't know where she got the recipe from but it's a family favorite and chock full of comfort food-ness. I'm sure over the years I've failed at it because of my tendency not to follow a recipe so today I tried extra hard AND I called my mother-in-law to verify the size of the pan.

Esther's Corn Bake

  • 8.5 ounces Jiffy cornbread/muffin mix (yeah, something out of a box!)
  • 1 can whole corn, undrained
  • 1 can creamed corn
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1 stick butter, melted
  • 2 eggs beaten
Mix and pour into large casserole or 9 x 13 cake pan. Bake at 350 for 1 hour. Should not be as dry as cornbread, but should set more than a pudding.

1 comment:

  1. have you ever had the cornbread at Don Pablos? It's like loose cornbread with corn in it. M-I-L's recipe sound like it might be it
    g

    ReplyDelete