Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Pesto (and bread)


It's been 100ish degrees and humid. So, I decided to take advantage of the humidity and make bread. The bread has a final rise of at least twenty minutes, so I put it out and went to the pharmacy.

When I returned, my bread had risen to proportions never before seen by man.

And then I made pesto.

Today's pesto, which may be used as pasta sauce or as a dip for my homemade bread...

Mix in food processor:
  • 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 cups fresh basil
  • 3 tablespoons fresh parsley
  • 2 teaspoons fresh oregano
  • 1/2 cup pine nuts
  • 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated (omit if you prefer to have a vegan or lower fat pesto)
  • 3 tablespoons garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon fresh ground four color peppercorns
  • 1 small tomato from the garden
This would be delicious with broccoli... in the pasta, not in the sauce. But I don't think I have any.

1 comment: