Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Vegan pizza

I always use too much sauce, so I had to add more "cheese"
Our foray into dairy-free has been good, with daughter bringing her thermos of juice to school diligently. We've eaten Meditterannean food, beans, and homemade baked goods, and spaghetti... But tonight we're adapting our pan pizza.

Daughter prefers it thin crusted so I did my best to press the very sticky homemade dough into the cast iron skillet. The dough was unbleached white flour, whole wheat flour, cornmeal, stoneground rye, sesame seeds and flax.

We grated some carrots for in the sauce. Layered carrots, then sauce, then veggie slices cheddar flavor and finally black olives. Liberal sprinkles of Italian seasoning and garlic salt.

Husband picked the "cheese" because he remembered this brand and flavor being most tolerable during our vegan days. Our vegan experiment was more than a decade ago, so I hope they've made strides with fake cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment