Thursday, April 7, 2011

Vegan packed lunch for school

The falafel last night was very good, though chunky since I was too lazy to get out the food processor. I will be trying that again.

Daughter wants to pack today and my typical leftovers approach won't work since pizza and falafel needs to be hot to please the little one's palette.

So, today's lunch involves raiding the freezer. I gave her one dairy slight slide-- a commercially produced rice krispie treat that I no longer have the package/ingredients. Yesterday I poured some apple juice into ice cube trays so her juice could stay cold without getting diluted. The main sandwich is a Morningstar breakfast pattie (sausage) on a homemade multigrain biscuit. And a side of canned mandarin oranges.

Our meals lately have not contained many green vegetables, but every time I buy some they disappear instantly and we're badly in need of a trip to the grocery store. Considering how empty the cupboards are, I think our meals look good.

No comments:

Post a Comment