Saturday, April 9, 2011

Does this make 4 grocery stops in 2 days?

This month is rough since we just paid the car insurance. We had $5 left to make it a week until we both get paid. We're running out of food, so I finally admitted my loses and transferred $125 from savings to checking.

Prior to yesterday, I spent about $16 on groceries so far this month. I spent $100 in the last 24 hours.

Last month, I spent $280 but $60 of that was after making the commitment to remove dairy from child's diet.

In the interest of full disclosure, I spent almost $370 eating out last month. Much of that was due to a conference. I will try to reverse that trend this month.

This afternoon, I spent $24.37 at Aldi. I bought:
- 10 pounds of russett potatoes, $3.49
- 3 containers of frozen white grape raspberry 100% juice frozen concentrate, 1.24 each
- 64 ounces of plain soymilk, $2.39
- English muffins, 99 cents
- whole grain pasta, one package penne and one rotini 89 cents
- sugar, $3.09
- frozen blueberries, $2.99
- 2 cans condensed vegetable soup in beef broth (gravy for a shepherd's pie)
- great northern beans, uncooked, $1.98
- Graham crackers, $1.19
- 3 cans whole potatoes, 59 cents each

No comments:

Post a Comment