Thursday, April 21, 2011

Vegan Treats/Extravagance

Truffleberry "cheese" tart


It has been a difficult week to say the least. The car has broken, the other cat (we put one to sleep last month) needs to go to the vet, I got my summer tuition bill...

My reaction to financial stress is to go out to dinner, which doesn't help the problem but it sure makes my belly feel better. I've eaten out three times this week and now today I took my daughter to Vegan Treats, since she can actually eat the goodies there.

I'm lecturing myself right now about the waste of money. I normally spend between $250 and $300 on groceries and that's what I've spent in April on dining. March was worse, and I blamed it on the conference I attended.

Regardless of the excuses, it has to stop. Because it looks like I'll be taking $1,000 out of savings to make ends meet this month. But, whenever I get a chance to upload the photos of the desserts we ate, I think you'll understand why I did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment