Friday, April 8, 2011

Expanding Salad

BEFORE
Since I work at Target café, I have a familiarity with our salads. I adore our California salads, which are made with romaine, blue cheese, walnuts, dried cherries, and poppyseed dressing. I think a vegetarian version of this salad would be awesome since the walnuts provide plenty of protein.

The directions for making salad instruct us to use "the black scoop" for cherries, walnuts and cheese, but we don't have a black scoop. When I asked what the measurement of the black scoop was, I was told to use my judgment.

One of my colleagues stuffs the salads so full that you can't eat them without emptying half the salad into another container.

Occasionally, I buy one of her salads and augment it with a bag of fresh spinach to make a meal for the four of us.

 The last time I did this, I spent $3.63 for the salad ($3.99 minus 10% team member discount and 5% red card discount) plus I spent $1.50 (pre discount) for the spinach, since it was on clearance. That's $5 for dinner.


AFTER
Cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment