Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Dairy-free trip to Giant

My version of processed dinner: spinach nuggets and sweet potato fries








So, based on the report from my daughter's ear guy, I decided to make some dairy-free transitions in our household. Tonight is dance, which means a late night for daughter, and tomorrow I work from the early afternoon onward which limits cooking time. I hate buying processed foods, but it seemed like Amy's Organics might be in order.

I spent $50.06 (for a total grocery expenditure in March of $280). They no longer carry Amy's Organic Vegetable Dairy Free Pot Pies, so instead I bought two Moo Moo vegetarian cuisine cashew stir fry dinners. These were $4.99 each and will serve as dinner for Daddy and Daughter tomorrow. Tonight we will have spinach nuggets ($5.49-- gasp! have prices gone up) and Ian's sweet potato fries ($3.49 and yes, I can make them cheaper myself but I don't have time.)

I purchased some plain soy milk (Nature's Promise, $2.39 for a half gallon) and organic Earth Balance margarine ($3.99, only 20 cents more than the regular). Broccoli crowns, a personal watermelon, romaine hearts (2/$5) and lots of tea and coffee. (Coffee deal yielded a $1 off coupon for next purchase.)

Wish I could say more, but it's time to leave my wireless internet and take daughter to dance class...

No comments:

Post a Comment