Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Pork and carrots


Since I had three pounds of cooked carrots... I gathered the following:
  • the carrots
  • one steam-in-bag of "spring vegetables in citrus sauce" from Aldi. (Carrots, snap peas, asparagus, tiny onions and tiny bits of roasted red pepper)
  • the last two one-inch thick boneless porkchops I got from Wegmans probably in December
  • butter
  • extra virgin olive oil
My husband sliced the pork into stir fry strips. I fried them in about 1.5 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. When they were just about done, I added about one tablespoon butter and close to 1 pound of steamed baby carrots. Stirred it all thoroughly.

Then I prepared the steam-in-bag vegetables as the directions stated and poured that on top of the whole mixture. Squeezed out every drop of sauce and stirred it all up until it was hot and thoroughly mixed.

The carrots tasted delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment