Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Pasta Primavera with crôque monsieur sauce




We're taking the leftover cheese sauce from crôque monsieur last night and making a pasta primavera. Adding some california blend, peas, and extra cauliflower to the noodles and in terms of pasta I'm using about 8 ounces white wheels with about 6 ounces vegetable rotini.

I added parsley and extra grated swiss to the sauce.
But, while the noodles cooked I compared the labels. I thought I bought Giant wheat pasta, but it looks like I bought multigrain. Which means I have three types of noodles in my cupboard right now: 'regular' white, vegetable and multigrain.

The white pasta has a smaller serving size (1/2 cup versus 3/4 cup for the other 2) but it's the lowest in fat and the only one with no sodium or egg.
Per serving:
Carbs: white 14% RDA (42g), multigrain 13% (38g), vegetable 13% (40g)
Calories: white has 210, whereas the other 2 have 190
Protein: white 7g, multigrain 9, vegetable 7
Fiber: white 8% (2g), multigrain and vegetable 16% (4g)
while they all have the same enriched vitamins, the vegetable also has 25% vitamin A, 4% vitamin C and extra of the standard enriched vitamins. Does that make it worth the extra cost?

No comments:

Post a Comment