Monday, March 15, 2010

Monday at Aldi

So, my daughter has to donate a disney item for the PTA tricky tray. Those of you who know me know I deplore modern Disney. But after the reminder came in my daughter's folder I thought I had to swallow my principles and buy the dreaded Disney item.

We went to Dollar Tree first where we bought a Mickey Mouse coloring book and some Cars multiplication flash cards. We also need shampoo, so I bought 18 ounces of White Rain shampoo in the lavender vanilla. (Total: $3.18)

Then we went to Aldi. We're eating leftovers today. Dinner is leftover Mexican from the restaurant Saturday (a friend asked us to meet at MexTex Trio and I'm such a sucker). My husband and daughter split the nachos, which the proprietor tells us serves 4-6. I suppose it does because they had it for lunch and we'll put some fresh tortilla chips in it and eat the rest for dinner.

That's why we had to go to Aldi. We need tortilla chips.

We spent $10.02 at Aldi:
  • 3 containers of frozen apple juice concentrate
  • one half-gallon soy milk
  • one half-gallon chocolate soy milk
  • one container shredded Asiago cheese (impulse buy)
  • one bag white corn tortilla chips

No comments:

Post a Comment