Thursday, July 28, 2011

Spinach and corn muffins

I got the inspiration for corn muffins last night so today I dusted off Eileen Breslin's vegan recipe which I had previously posted here:

http://angelfoodcooking.blogspot.com/2010/08/cornbread-and.html?m=1

I added about 1 cup frozen corn and two cups shredded fresh spinach to the dry ingredients. And I reduced the sugar.

I reduced the dry ingredients by about 1/8 of a cup or less. I used 3/4 cup organic whole milk (so this variation is not vegan), and more than 1/2 cup unsweetened soy milk, then I added about two tablespoons black strap molasses.

I poured into cupcake tins and once cooked served as a sandwich with a Morningstar breakfast pattie.

1 comment:

  1. If I didn't know the muffins had spinach in them I'd be scared to eat them. Muffins should have green spots!

    ReplyDelete