Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Brats with broccoli and cheese

So, as I may or may not have mentioned last week, I received several packs of bratwursts. Today for lunch I thought I'd heat the brats and make some nice crispy hash browns, some leftover broccoli in cheese sauce and a side of Dole Southwest Salad.

But instead of my hashbrown pan, I used my Le Creuset skillet and I don't know if it got too hot too fast or not enough oil, but my hashbrowns were a soggy mess but not greasy. The crispy ones adhered solidly to the pan.

To compensate, I poured the broccoli in cheese sauce on top, heated, and served it like sauerkraut on top of the brats. I loved it.

1 comment:

  1. the brat fairy came to your house? Cool. Did he bring the beer too? Brats are so yummy cooked in beer. Haven't had them since Henry died.

    ReplyDelete