Sunday, July 3, 2011

Everyday food

Sigh.

Friday night we were supposed to go visit one of our favorite families, but as we got ready to hit the highway on this fabulous holiday weekend, the car began to spray antifreeze everywhere explosively and smoke profusely. We hitched a ride from one of my husband's work colleagues, sitting in the back of the car with the biggest and friendliest black dog ever.

My daughter was devastated. We ordered pizza from Papa Johns and watched the Muppet Show.

Yesterday my daughter went with my mom while I went with my dad to see if this was a quick easy fix, like a hose. Three hours later all I can say is, it's not.

My husband and I made a pasta dish before I left for work. It was wheat rotini in red sauce, simmered with kielbasa and basil, and served with mozzarella on top.

This morning he made chocolate chip pancakes for brunch and now we're having eggplant Parmesan with several kinds of cheeses.

No comments:

Post a Comment