Friday, October 30, 2009

We didn't eat this week.



Would you believe me if I said we didn't eat this week? I didn't think you would. It's been hectic. Work. School. Volunteer commitments. Everyone wanted a piece of me this week.

Early in the week, I made that homemade crust that my husband and daughter made into a pizza and my daughter and I made those apple/pancakes. Mixing those up as leftovers got us a few more meals and Wednesday night my husband went to a local pizzeria at 9 p.m. and bought a pizza with pesto sauce and fresh sliced tomatoes that tided us over another day. For dinner that night we had had my husband's superloaded baked potatoes.

Today is our ten-year anniversary and yesterday my daughter started to cry uncontrollably in the car because she was worried about one of her little friends in kindergarten, so I took her to Friendly's (we had a coupon anyway). And then today we were SUPER BAD.

We went to the movies (Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs) and to Sonic for dinner. But wait, that's not all. I received a $5o gift card from a friend so I applied it toward a large Le Creuset skillet from Williams Sonoma. Azure Blue. Oh, but that's not all, I also bought a new teapot to match. $217.

That's almost a month's groceries. Gone in an instant. But we've all had some overtime and it's our big ten-year-anniversary and I had wanted to go to Paris but admitted that would be too much. So this skillet is my indulgence. Look for new fun with cooking, renewed interest in sauces. Vive la France!

No comments:

Post a Comment